Contract 2017 96 04 : Organisation and implementation of training activities on the implementation of Union Rules in relation to microbiological criteria and on the monitoring and control of zoonoses and zoonotic agents under the Better Training for Safer Food initiative.
The objective of the MCZ course is to harmonise the approaches and to spread knowledge and best practice concerning:
- Implementation of microbiological criteria (Course 1 : McA)
- Control of zoonoses, with a particular focus on the control of Salmonella in poultry and pigs and Campylobacter along the poultry meat production chain (Course 2: Zoonoses).
- Implementation of microbiological criteria (Course 3: Mc B) with the main focus on ready to eat food shelf-life assessment specific to Listeria M.
- Number of events until September 2021: 2 Zoonoses and 2 McA
- Seminar duration: number of days : 4
- Regional coverage: Countries:
- Member States and Candidates : 135
- EFTA and EEA : 4
- Other countries : 21
The General objective of BTSF is to ensure a high level of consumer protection throughout the EU internal market and to increase levels of trade in safe food across the globe by the implementation of efficient, objective and adequate official controls. This objective is achieved by training the staff of the competent authorities, offering a better network and ongoing dialogue with partners from both within, and outside, the European Union, thus contributing to a high level of expertise and competence.
The Specific objective of the present project is to spread knowledge and best practices in relation with EU rules on general food labelling and claims as well as on specific categories of foods such as food supplements, foods with added vitamins and minerals and foods for specific groups of the population.
The contract requests the provision of 3 training courses addressing:
- the implementation of microbiological criteria;
- the control of zoonoses, with a particular focus on the control of Salmonella in poultry and pigs and Campylobacter along the poultry meat production chain;
- The implementation of microbiological criteria with the main focus on ready to eat food shelf-life assessment specific to Listeria M.
Due to Covid-19 pandemic, the courses will take place as virtual courses.
The criteria to attend the training session are the following:
- Relevant technical background: participants should preferably have the necessary knowledge in the relevant legislation and controls of food information and nutrient values;
- Relevancy to daily work: participants should, in priority, be staff of the competent authorities and be involved in the control of food products;
- Sufficient language skills: in order to ensure the transfer of knowledge and opportunities to exchange views, participants should master the language of the training session for which they applied;
- Ability to share their experience: priority will be given to participants whose position will allow them to share the outputs of the training sessions with colleagues.
- IT requirements : the participants will need a laptop with up-to-date software, with camera and microphone (built in or external) and reliable WIFI connection.
The registration of the trainees is based on the submission of applications by the national contact point.
Leader : AETS
- Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie (IZSVe)
- France Vétérinaire International (FVI)
The registration of the trainees is based ONLY on the submission of applications by the national contact point.
Kindly find your NCP Contact at the following address : https://ec.europa.eu/food/sites/food/files/safety/docs/btsf_national-contact-points.pdf