The contract (CHAFEA) n°2016 96 08 - Organisation and implementation of training activities on the EU rules on general food labelling and claims as well as on specific categories of foods such as food supplements, foods with added vitamins and minerals and foods for specific groups of the population under the "Better Training for Safer Food":
- Number of events in 2017, 2018 and 2019: 10
- Seminar duration: 4 working days over 5 days
- Regional coverage: Belgium (Brussels), Greece (Athens), Hungary (Budapest), Ireland (Trim), Portugal (Lisbon)
The general objective is to ensure a high level of consumer protection throughout the EU internal market and to maintain normal market conditions by the implementation of efficient, objective and adequate official controls.
The specific objective of the present programme is to spread knowledge and best practices in relation with general food labelling and claims as well as on specific categories of foods such as food supplements, foods with added vitamins and minerals and foods for specific groups of the population food composition and information, as per the requirements of the EU Food Law. The contract requests the provision of training courses addressing the latest developments, as well as in the implementation of controls.
The Consortium will maintain a high standard of comfort and practicality for the accommodation, travel arrangements and catering service provided to participants and tutors.
The project will support a total of 300 participants:
- 255 participants originating from EU Member States and Candidate Countries;
- 9 originating from EFTA and EEA countries;
- 36 originating from ENP countries, Mediterranean basin countries and selected non-EU countries.
The attendance in each session will be around 30 participants.
Only participants from Competent Authorities and government bodies of the beneficiary countries will be supported by the project. Preferably, participants would have positions facilitating the training and up-date of their colleagues on the content of the course they attended (please refer to Section 2.5 Management of Participation according to requirements).
The trainees will benefit of the following services:
- International travel in economy class by the most direct route
- Personal health and repatriation insurance
- Airport transfers
- 4 nights' accommodation and breakfast (5 nights for participants from ENP/Mediterranean basin and 6 nights for selected third countries)
- 1 welcome drink and reception dinner the first day of the training, 7 coffee breaks, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- 1 social event in order to promote the networking within the group
- Access to fully equipped training facilities and access to the internet
- Documentation in paper and electronic form
- Delivery of training certificates
The registration of the trainees is based on the submission of applications by the national contact point.
The dateline for the submission of the application will be 6 weeks before the training, which is the optimal period to ensure the availability of adequate flights and a perfect organization.
AETS Consortium is composed of AETS (France, Leading compagny), UNE (Spain), AINIA (Spain), AESA (Belgium).