The objective of the MCZ course is to harmonise the approaches and to spread knowledge and best practice concerning the Implementation of microbiological criteria (Course 1) and the Control of zoonoses, with a particular focus on the control of Salmonella in poultry and pigs and Campylobacter along the poultry meat production chain (Course 2). This is the 4th MC session which will take place in Trim, Sweden
Objectives : The Specific objective of the present project is to spread knowledge and best practices in relation with EU rules on general food labelling and claims as well as on specific categories of foods such as food supplements, foods with added vitamins and minerals and foods for specific groups of the population. The contract requests the provision of 2 training courses addressing : a) the implementation of microbiological criteria; b) the control of zoonoses, with a particular focus on the control of Salmonella in poultry and pigs and Campylobacter along the poultry meat production chain.
• Day 1 : Welcoming address and introduction on Zoonoses and the EU legal framework
• Day 2 : Risk Management related to Salmonella
• Day 3: Control of Salmonella and Campylobacter
• Day 4: Campylobacter and closing meeting
Deadline of registration : April 21, 2019
Selection procedure :
• Relevant technical background: participants should preferably have the necessary knowledge in the relevant legislation and controls of food information and nutrient values;
• Relevancy to daily work: participants should, in priority, be staff of the competent authorities and be involved in the control of food products;
• Sufficient language skills: in order to ensure the transfer of knowledge and opportunities to exchange views, participants should master the language of the training session for which they applied;
• Ability to share their experience: priority will be given to participants whose position will allow them to share the outputs of the training sessions with colleagues.
Training center & Accommodation :
Participants will be accommodated at the KNIGHTSBROOK Hotel Spa & Golf Resort
Dublin Road, Trim, Co. Meath
Knightsbrook Hotel****is located in the Heritage Town of Trim, northwest of Dublin. The town is a treasure trove of attractions, with not only Trim Castle, the largest Anglo-Norman castle in Europe, whose keep featured in Mel Gibson’s Braveheart, but also home to more medieval buildings than any other town in Ireland. Trim is situated in The Boyne Valley area, which is at once Ireland’s ancient capital and it’s most sacred and mythical landscape. The sites and monuments in the Boyne Valley are amongst the best examples of their kind in Europe and are all within a short distance of each other; including the great prehistoric tombs at Brú na Bóinne (Newgrange) and the site of the infamous Battle of the Boyne.
The Knightsbrook 4 stars hotel is set in 186 acres of rolling parkland. The hotel has 131 deluxe executive rooms and several conference rooms, as well as a bar and a restaurant. It also offers a fully equipped health club with swimming pool, a spa, and golf in the picturesque heritage town of Trim County Meath.
The hotel offers free internet connection in each room.