The Contract EAHC/2012/96/02 groups four Work Packages and requires the organisation of a global number of 42 training sessions to be implemented across Europe, which 11 training sessions on Trade control and expert system (TRACES) organised in 4 courses;
More specifically, Work Package 3 is articulated in 4 courses for a total of 11 three-day training sessions:
Course 1: TRACES use at import of live animals and products of animal origin: 3 three-day training sessions
Course 2: TRACES use at import of products of plant origin: 3 three-day training sessions
Course 3: TRACES use at import of live plants: 3 three-day training sessions
Course 4: TRACES use in intra-EU trade of live animals: 2 three-day training sessions
The project deals with the use of Trade control and expert system (TRACES). The sessions have been planned so as to address in priority staff of competent authorities from EU Member States, Candidate Countries, EEA and EFTA Countries and selected non-EU Countries. The training will comprise presentations/discussion sessions, working group activities on case studies and serious gaming. A practical session with Training on laptops on the use of TRACES application will be carried out and a visit of a point of entry (Course 1, 2, 3)/ LVU (Course 4) will take place to allow the participants to attend a demonstration of TRACES use, and in order to stimulate exchanges of opinion between the trainees. The participants will be required to participate actively in the debriefings, discussions and group works.
- Number of events in 2013 and 2014: 11
- Seminar duration: 3 days
- Regional coverage: Alicante (Spain), Riga (Latvia), Tallinn (Estonia), Turin (Italy)
The BTSF programme has been developed to ensure that staff of the competent authorities of EU Member States involved in official controls on food and feed businesses and on animal health have a uniform and up-dated approach as well as a high level of expertise with regards in particular to auditing and control techniques for the verification of compliance with EU legislation requirements.
The specific objective of this course is to reach a common understanding of the EU legislation on TRACES use. The project also aims at ensuring communication and dissemination of best practices for TRACES use, at improving the knowledge on this system and at ensuring consistent and high implementation standards for all EU Member States and other invited countries.
All applicants should confirm their participation and register using the form “Registration form_TRACES_2013.doc”. The National Contact Point may then send it to the relevant Event Manager according to the nature of the training session to be attended.
The profiles of the applicants should respect the following criteria:
- Be officers of the National Competent Authority, relevant Government Ministries, Inspection services involved in the use of the TRACES application at BIP level for Course 1/ at DPE level for Course 2/ at inspection Post for Course 3/ at LVU level for Course 4;
- Be involved in the drafting or adaptation of policies and Regulations in line with Regulation (EC) 882/2004, and related to the use of TRACES.
- Be preferably in a position to disseminate the knowledge acquired during the workshop within the national competent authority and/or to private sector operators;
- Be proficient in the language of the training (English/French according to the session)
- Approximately 30 participants for each course, with an expected global number of 330 participants for the whole training programme:
- Including approximately 235 from EU Member States and EU Candidate Countries, approximately 5 participants from EFTA and EEA countries and approximately 30 participants from selected third countries for Course 1, 2 and 3
- Including approximately 56 participants from EU Member States and approximately 4 participants from EFTA and EEA countries for Course 4.
The project will provide a return flight ticket in economy class by the most direct route – or a train/bus ticket in first class for each supported participant.
The project will ensure the subsistence of supported participants for the whole duration of the training session, as follows:
- On Day 0: transfer from airport to the hotel, welcome drink and room charge (Single occupancy);
- On Day one and Day two: breakfast, access to fully equipped training facilities, documentation, 2 coffee breaks per day, lunch, dinner and room charge (Single occupancy);
- On Day three: breakfast, lunch, access to fully equipped training facilities, and transfer from the hotel to the airport.
No “perdiem” or “pocket money” will be distributed to participants in addition to what is indicated here above. All personal expenses such as local transports, mini-bar, laundry, room services, and extra drinks/meals will be charged to the participants by the hotel. The hotel will therefore require them to show a credit card to validate the check-in.
Project Manager: Lorenzo Grazioli
Tel: +32 2 736 22 77
Tel: +32 2 788 53 56
- Veterinary and Food Board of the Republic of Estonia
- Health Authority of the Valencia Community - Port and Airport BIP of Alicante
- Food and Veterinary Service of the Republic of Latvia – BIP Riga Port
- Italian National Health System, UVAC Piemonte