Since 2006, AETS is a lead contractor of the European Commission's Directorate General for Health and Consumers (SANCO) and now the Executive Agency for Health and Consumers (EAHC), for training and technical assistance activities delivered for the benefit of EU Member States and Third Country governments.
Thus, it has access to the highest level expertise in these fields in Europe and is able to mobilise this from a number of member states on a large variety of technical issues : animal health, plant health, residues monitoring and control (pesticides, veterinary medicines), contaminants, food labelling, food contact materials, additives and hygiene.
Over the past 10 years, AETS has grown to become one of the key actors in the field of institutional development applied to food safety and SPS issues in Europe and worldwide.
Created as a subsidiary of APAVE SUDEUROPE in 1996, AETS is an independent consulting company operating across a wide range of development sectors, both in Europe and worldwide. Its assignments are conducted for the benefit of national authorities, local institutions or private operators, in the context of international projects financed by multilateral organisations such as the World Bank, IFC, the European Commission and in particular DG Health and Consumers (SANCO), , the United Nations, the French Development Agency and the Regional Development Banks (Africa, Asia, Latin America, etc.).
It has an in-house and associated multi-disciplinary team of internationally-experienced experts, comprising engineers, technicians, economists, financial and institutional analysts, legal and regulatory specialists.
As a subsidiary of the APAVE Group, AETS has access to the resources and know-how of a Group comprising more than 9,000 persons, including 5,000 in-house engineers and technicians specialised in conformity assessment issues (http://www.apave.com/en/international.html) and located in 100 offices across the globe. The experience of AETS is global, with experience in some 80 countries.
Through its flexible, reactive approach, AETS provides customised solutions in the following fields:
Food Safety Management Systems:
- Assessment of national and regional food control systems regarding their equivalence with international practices (Codex Alimentarius) and EU food and feed legislation
- Bridging the gaps between national food regulatory systems and international/EU practice, through developing draft laws, decrees, regulations, procedures and technical tools to support risk management
- Capacity building (training and advice) in the deployment of risk-based food safety infrastructures operating in compliance with international standards and/or EU food and feed la
- Capacity building for food chain operators, through training and technical advice on the application of control systems compliant with EU regulations, including HACCP & GHP
- Regulatory edification towards the regional integration of food safety systems in the framework of trade facilitation agreements (ASEAN, MERCOSUR, African Union...).
Territorial Development and Environment Energy
17 Avenue André Marie Ampère, Induspal Lons
B P 202 - 64142 Billère Cedex
Tel : 33.(0)126.96.36.199.23
Fax : 33.(0)188.8.131.52.24